Re: HTTP status code equivalents for file:// operations - compat with xhr

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:50:13 +0200
To: "Michael A. Puls II" <shadow2531@gmail.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:19:03 +0200, Michael A. Puls II <shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not saying file: support should be added to the XHR spec, but there
> should be some 'file:// for XHR' guidelines that browsers could use.

Nowhere in the documentation of the Web platform there is documentation for things to do with file URLs. In fact, file URLs are woefully underdefined. I do not think adding text to the XMLHttpRequest specification is a good use of our time until we actually decide that interoperability on the file URL level matters and we have someone to drive that effort.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/