Using progress events for other purposes

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:38:49 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-webapps@w3.org

The Application Cache feature in HTML5 uses an event named 'progress' as
part of the process, in a manner mostly unrelated to the rest of the
progress events feature. It needs two values of context information
(number of files being downloaded, number of files obtained so far).
Should I just reuse the ProgressEvents interface? It seems that doing so
is a violation of the Progress Events specification, but I don't see why
it should be.