Re: Things missing from Web IDL for HTML5

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:16:50 +1000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Cameron McCormack:
> > Great!  I notice you haven’t used nullable types for any of the
> > DOMString arguments, attributes or return types.  Was that a conscious
> > choice?

Ian Hickson:
> It was intentional in that I'm intentionally sticking my head in the sand
> about the whole DOMString/null/undefined issue at the moment, at least
> until either you finish the tests you were writing, or I get off my lazy
> behind and do it. :-)

OK, that’s fine.  I’ll definitely try to get back to that issue before
your planned October LC for HTML 5.

> BTW, is the following valid IDL? It seems to match the grammar, but I
> can't work out what it means:
>
>    interface A {
>      void ();
>    };

That was intended to be invalid, but I missed out the requirement that
it have an identifier or special keywords on it.  Fixed now:

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#idl-operations (3rd para)

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/