Widget Accessibility

From: Simon Harper <simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 16:12:08 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hi there,
I've been looking through the widget specifications specifically
'Widgets 1.0: The Widget Landscape (Q1 2008)' - Figure 1 at http://
dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-land/

I wonder if there is any concept of an accessibility bridge in either
the widget of web application specifications. I was thinking of
something like the Java Accessibility Bridge which links the code to
the interpreter and on to the OS. If there is the concept of the Web
as an application Platform then are there any similar concepts for
making accessibility work in a uniform way - built-in at the start as
opposed to an ARIA addition?

Best
Si.

Simon Harper