Re: Copy/Paste Events

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:51:49 +0200
Cc: timeless@gmail.com, Jacob Rossi <t-jacobr@microsoft.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>, Tony Ross <tross@microsoft.com>
To: Sebastian Markbåge <sebastian@calyptus.eu>
Just to enhance a bit the comments here, all the implementations
guides I've seen about drag-and-drop very quickly rely on the fact
that a state is assigned with the drag-operations-sequence, e.g. to
define acceptance or rejection and that this state is unique globally
on the whole user-interface.

Much of the behaviours of many GUIs change while a drop is happening,
Apple's exposé is another such: you can trigger it while dragging.

I am sympathetic to timeless's wishes but I have the impression
they're not really realistic, I don't see normal mobile phone user
able to copy-and-paste instead of drag-and-drop with a cursor if the
page developer has not also thought of enabling copy-and-paste...

paul