Re: Copy/Paste Events

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 01:54:22 +0300
To: Sebastian Markbåge <sebastian@calyptus.eu>
Cc: Jacob Rossi <t-jacobr@microsoft.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>, Tony Ross <tross@microsoft.com>
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Sebastian
Markbåge<sebastian@calyptus.eu> wrote:
> I agree with Jacob. I find this part of the spec... puzzling.

so, one advantage of not distinguishing is that it enables people w/o
mice to trigger drag events.

if you don't do this, you effectively block such users from
interacting with certain classes of web pages.

Having encountered various other stupid forms of discrimination while
working on devices which have limitations wrt input methods, i
appreciate it when things are designed with more flexibility in mind.

i'm not absolutely certain as to where i stand on this specific event,
but i'm not immediately opposed to what Jacob quoted, and i
respectfully request people to consider this.

(I considered responding earlier and decided I'd wait.)