Re: [widgets] localStorage vs preferences

-1

No, we should keep widget.preferences.

If a UA wants to, it can simply implement it using:

widget.preferences = window.localStorage;

If it doesn't, the UA can do its own implementation, which we do for
example, as for our UA localStorage is not an appropriate
implementation, as our users are more likely to interact with the same
widget using multiple browsers on multiple machines. We can also
implement widget.preferecences. We can't reimplement the user's
browser's WebStorage impl (if it has one).

For more detailed arguments for keeping preferences, just search back
through the list ;-)

(We've already argued this one loads of times, Marcos! Why has it come
up again?)