Re: Web Storage Spec as PDF

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:34:42 +0200
To: Laxmi Narsimha Rao Oruganti <Laxmi.Oruganti@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Laxmi Narsimha Rao
Oruganti<Laxmi.Oruganti@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>

>  I have been trying to get a hold of Web Storage Specification as PDF
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/webstorage/).    Can you please help me find PDF for
> web storage spec?

There is no PDF.

> Multiple other points about the same aspect:
>
> -          It was also difficult for me to find this URL as all the internet
> talks about Web Storage API as part of HTML5 and

Yes, this changed about a month ago. It was ripped out from the spec -
two specs are available now:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/
http://dev.w3.org/html5/webdatabase/

>  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/ does not talk about it and neither has
> references to the web storage L.
>
> -          I did find the HTML5 Spec as PDF, and this does not talk about
> web storage details.

They are technically unrelated to HTML5 and should be viewed as
orthogonal (though terminology from HTML5 is used).

> -          The web storage URL given above says that it is automatically
> generated from HTML5!
>
> All in all I am totally confused on how Web Storage is tied to HTML5 when
> there is no interlinking anywhere?

It doesn't, they are orthogonal. HTML5 UA, however, may implement web storage.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au