Re: Input events, checkboxes and radio buttons

From: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:22:10 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Erik Arvidsson <erik.arvidsson@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Anne van Kesteren<annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 12:35:16 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>> The input event does not apply to radio/checkbox. (This is stated in the
>> radio/checkbox sectons.)

Probably a carry-over from WF 2.0, which did have oninput firing for checkboxes.

> Having said that, the change event does apply and it is not stated there that it is also dispatched when the checkedness flag changes.

What does that mean?

Changes to the input's checked state do not trigger change events to fire.

Did you mean that you want a change event to fire when the checked
state changes? I hope not, because that would contradict HTML 4, DOM
Events, and what browsers do.

Garrett