[WIDGET PC] i18n comment 2: Clarify IRI/URI

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:08:50 +0100
To: public-Webapps@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org
Comment from the i18n review of:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-20090528/

Comment 2
At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0907-widgets-pc/
Editorial/substantive: E
Tracked by: AP

Location in reviewed document:
Section 8.3 [http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-20090528/#attribute-types]

Comment:
Section 8.3 (Attribute Types) contains a subsection called "URI Attribute" which is relevant to our comment above. It says:

 --

 An attribute defined as containing a valid URI. A valid URI is one that matches the URI token of the [URI] specification or the IRI token of the [RFC3987] specification. The value of this kind of attribute is retrieved using the rule for getting a single attribute value. --

 This is problematical, since all URIs are IRIs, but not the converse. We think this should favor IRI and note the relationship to URI.