Re: [widgets] Rule for dealing with an invalid Zip archive

On 7/6/09 12:45 PM, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> This text assumes that widget installation is always an interactive
> process. It might very well be part of batch processing, in which case
> an interactive, localized error message might simply be the wrong thing
> to do.

correct.

> I'd suggest to simply say that an invalid zip archive is a reason for
> the user agent to abort all processing, full stop. (One could add some
> wishy-washy language about appropriate error reporting, or something,
> but I don't see how that adds much value here.)

Ok, I've removed "In addition, the user agent should notify the end-user
that the zip archive is an invalid Zip archive via an appropriate
localized error message. The means of notifying the end-user, and the
wording of the localized error message, is left to the discretion of
implementers."