Re: An import statement for Web IDL

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:49:17 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-webapps@w3.org
Le mardi 30 juin 2009 à 06:26 +0000, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> However, I do think it'd be nice to have tools to help us check the IDL..
> Could we have a tool that just scans the textContent out of <pre> elements
> with class=idl, or something? We could give it the URLs of all the specs
> being developed, and every hour or day or something it could try to fetch
> all the specs, check that the IDLs still make sense, and if anything bad
> happens, post an e-mail to some list we all subscribe to.

FWIW, I wrote this morning a dead-simple XSLT that does the extraction
(in the context of the to-be-chartered Device APIs and Policy WG), and
have been looking at widlproc [1] as a way to do XML-based analysis
among WebIDLs files; if using XML-stack tools to accomplish the above is
acceptable, I could certainly look into setting such a system up.

Is there a list of (preferably but not necessarily XHTML) specs from
where I could extract the said WebIDLs?

What kind of consistency checks should it do?

Dom

1. http://widl.webvm.net/svn/widlproc/trunk/doc/widlproc.html