Re: [widgets] Rule for Identifying the Media Type of an Image

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:35:49 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
2009/6/10 Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>:
> For SVG "none, see comment." does not help as the comment does not clarify what is supposed to happen.

Agreed.

>I think the correct answer here is that SVG only works if you use the proper extension and it would be worthy to point that out crystal clear.

The comment now reads:

"SVG documents cannot be identified using a magic number, as they
don't have one; SVG must only matched by the .svg file extension and
processed in accordance to the [SVGTiny] specification."

Would you say that is crystal clear or close enough?

> Also, following the definition of file-extension _none_ of the entries in the table would be matched. I.e. file-extension requires a leading dot.

Fixed.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au