Re: [WebStorage] Property enumeration and checking presence

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:24:39 +0900
To: "Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
"Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>, 2009-06-30 14:54 -0700:

>  On Jun 30, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>
> > "Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>, 2009-06-30 09:12 -0700:
> >> I was inquiring about the term "property enumeration"
> >
> > I think in this case it means iterating over the Storage object to
> > get a list of all its properties.
> >
> >> Similarly, I also wanted to know the
> >> meaning of "checking the presence of a property".
> >
> > I think in Javascript terms at least, it means using the "in"
> > operator to check if the Storage object has a particular property.
>
>  Is the spec complete in regards to this and does it need to clarify what is
>  meant by these two conditions?

If it is unclear to you, I'd say it's likely to be unclear to some
others. So I think it might be worth taking time to suggest that
the editor consider how to clarify it -- which you can do either
be posting a message to this list, or by raising it as an issue in
the W3C bugzilla for the group:

  http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=WebAppsWG

>  I would imagine that these are special ECMAScript cases, am I
>  right?

Yeah, it does seem to me at least that as currently worded at
least, they're specific to ECMA/Javascript.

   --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/