Re: [Widgets] Widget Gallery RSS like sharing format

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:19:12 +0100
Cc: SUZANNE Benoit RD-SIRP-ISS <benoit.suzanne@orange-ftgroup.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, public-webapps-request@w3.org
To: Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
On Mar 13, 2009, at 16:33 , Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
> Over in OpenAjax Alliance, we are working with various players in
> the industry to establish widget repositories. We have been using
> OpenSearch for both the search query and the response.

I didn't know that the OAA was already using this. As far as I'm
concerned, I think that it's of the utmost importance that we don't
just invent something just for the sake of it but rather reuse as much
as possible. It is very, very deceptively easy to add an element to an
XML vocabulary and think that the corresponding feature has been added
 that is almost never the case as one needs to define a lot more.
That was the motivation behind my initial suggestion to reuse Atom,
but since there's something that already used by the OAA then it is
definitely worth looking at.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/