From: Jere.Kapyaho@nokia.com [mailto:Jere.Kapyaho@nokia.com]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 9:02 AM
To: Marcin Hanclik; Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Cc: marcosc@opera.com; public-webapps@w3.org
Subject: Re: Revised Proposal for Widget Signature ABNF

Just wanted to ask if you're using the character code terminals (%x61.75 etc.) intentionally because of case sensitivity? Literals like "signature" and ".xml" are allowed in ABNF [1], and they're much easier for humans to read, but the catch is that they are case insensitive (and US-ASCII only). For case-sensitivity, you need to specify the character codes individually, as you've now done. So I guess that's the intent?

--Jere

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5234#section-2.3