[XHR2] Upload events flag

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:28:51 +0300
To: public-webapps@w3.org

What is the meaning of upload events flag in XMLHttpRequest 2?

Its definition is that it "is used in the send() algorithm to
determine whether upload progress events will be dispatched for non
same origin requests." However, it is only set by send, and is only
used for passing in cross-origin request algorithm as force preflight
flag.

If the current text accurately describes how this flag is supposed to
work, I'd suggest an editorial change that will remove it, and say
want to pass to CORS directly. However, my understanding is that it
might in fact need to prevent dispatching progress events even in case
a listener gets added after invoking CORS. Was that the intention?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov