Re: [selectors-api] Test Suite Missing tests for Namespace Selectors

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:19:01 +0100
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Hi,
>   The Selectors API test suite is missing tests for the namespace
> selectors "|foo" and "*|foo".  Since they don't have prefixes that need
> to be resolved, they should be supported even without an NSResolver.

WebKit has a bug with the "|foo" selector.

http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/28

Opera and Firefox pass, and I believe all 3 pass the "*|foo" selector.

IE8 will throw a SYNTAX_ERR exception because it lacks support for the
namespace selector syntax.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/