[widgets] Screenshots and case sensitive file names

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:11:56 +0100
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Might be good if we allow multiple screenshots in a widget. One
screenshot is just not enough to show off all aspects of a widget that
would motivate someone to download a widget. The file naming
convention would be identical to the Widgets Signatures file naming
convention:

thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail1.png
thumbnail2.png
thumbnail3.png

etc.

Also, I think not having case sensitivity on file names is going to be
a PITA. I propose we make all file names case sensitive (particularly
because there is a possibility of file names being encoded in UTF-8,
in which case we enter a world of hurt when it comes to distinguishing
between character cases). This mildly affects the i18n, where we will
recommend language tags be in lower-case form (i.e., en-us, not
en-US).

I can add authoring and conformance checker requirements to suit.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres