Re: [widgets] Content-type sniffing and file extension to MIME mapping

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:00:34 +0200
Cc: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
On Mar 6, 2009, at 15:29, Marcos Caceres wrote:

>> 2. The XHTML mapping should also appear in the file identification
>> table
>> [2].
>
> What version of XHTML should I be pointing to? 1.0 or 1.1?

Does it need to say anything more than that .xhtml maps to application/
xhtml+xml? The media type is defined by RFC 3236. As implemented, the
media type isn't restricted to a particular point version of XHTML and
browsers don't implement 1.1.

(In fact, the media types in the table aren't defined by the specs in
the "Defined by" column in general, but are defined by RFCs.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi