[Widgets] APIs and Events preference change

From: Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:14:08 +0100
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
After the last F2F in Paris, I spoke to Ian Hickson about the Storage APIs in HTML5, and my understanding is now that his intent is to split this part of the spec into a separate document. This makes it much easier for us to reference an external spec, given that the scope of such a specification is much smaller.

I have updated the spec, currently reflected in http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/Overview.src.html to be in line with the current state of this future specification.

Note that the Storage API as involved here obsoletes the need for the set/getPreference methods, and they are now commented out to reflect this.

If the change is acceptable, it should close ACTION-233 and ACTION-313
--
Arve Bersvendsen

Developer, Opera Software ASA, http://www.opera.com/