Re: [Selectors API] Call for Consensus - approve John Resig's tests

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> >    http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/dom/selectors/002.html
>
> Given the state of WebIDL, it's not clear to me that the test 002 of
> this test is necessarily required by the spec as it stands.

Yeah, that's why I separated those tests out.

However, I don't think the things tested in 002 are controversal. In
particular, all the UAs have converged on the behaviour tested by 002-001
for other objects, 002-002 is explicitly required by the IDL block in
Selectors API and I think there's no controversy over that particular
requirement, and 002-003 is a bog-standard DOM test of one of the
requirements in the Selectors API that doesn't really depend on WebIDL at
all. So since everyone is converging on the behaviour tested here, it
should be pretty safe.

> For that matter, it's not clear to me that test 001 is.

Why not? I think everything in 001 is non-controversal and tests only
things that are required by Selectors API, no?