Re: BONDI Candidate Release 1.0 - open for public comment until 9th of March 2009

David,

Since many of WebApps' members are not familiar with OMTP and BONDI,
I have a some first order process-related questions regarding the
proposed Release Candidate (RC). I'll withhold other comments e.g
spec forking, fragmentation, etc. for now.

* Where can we find the process that describes OMTP's comment and
response process/protocol as well as the next step after RC? Does
OMTP's process include a consensus commitment regarding the public's
comments (as does the W3C's process [1])?

* Where is the public archive for the comments?

* Where is the exit criteria for this RC? Assuming this criteria
requires two or more interoperable implementations (as is typically
the case for W3C Candidate specs), where can we find the data that
show there are interoperable implementations of the RC?

* Based on a scan of [2], it appears this RC codifies the following
version of WebApps' widgets specs: Packaging and Configuration - 12-
Dec-2008; Digital Signatures - unspecified; APIs and Event - not
included; Updates - the 07-Oct-2008 FPWD. Please confirm/clarify.

* Regarding the following text in [2]:

[[
BONDI has chosen to adopt the W3C Widgets 1.0: Packaging and
Configuration [7] specification. At the time of writing this
specification has been published by the W3C Web Applications group
(http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps) as a Working Draft at Last Call, and
is judged to be stable enough to use as a basis for this BONDI
specification.
]]

Given the clear "Implementers should be aware that this document is
not stable." warning in this LCWD [3], what criteria was used to
determine this LCWD "is judged to be stable enough to use as a basis
for this BONDI specification"?

-Regards, Art Barstow, Chair of WebApps WG

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#Consensus>
[2] <http://bondi.omtp.org/Documents/CR10/
BONDI_Architecture_Security_Task_CR10.pdf>
[3] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-widgets-20081222/>