Re: [widgets] Digsig optimization

Marcos

Yes, logically there would be two self contained signatures with
references to every file in the package.

Again Policy indicates which signatures must be verified. What does
the packaging spec currently say? To date it has been one distributor
spec that must be verified. We should be clearer on this - I think
this goes with the changes we make regarding filename sorting and
processing.

However if both are to be verified, and if the algorithms are the same
(which is currently the case given one hash algorithm in widget
signatures) an implementation could be smart and calculate the
reference hashes once, eliminating that overhead if it were a concern.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia