Re: DOM3 Events call today/tonight?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au> wrote:
> The basis for the 100ms event interval is related to the rendering of new
> content on the web-page. If new content has arrived then scripts should be
> able to munge it before it is rendered, or at least soon afterwards. It
> doesn't matter how much content has arrived.

is there a real requirement for this?

we already have mutation events, and we already have xmlhttprequest.

if a client wants to dynamically control the content, they can either
rely on mutation (please don't, it isn't performant, nor would your
replacement be), or they can use xmlhttprequest and do whatever they
like w/ the data as they get it.