Re: Call for Consensus - Selectors API to Candidate Rec

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 12:54:03 +0100, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM, John Resig <jeresig@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Opera supports publishing this spec as a CR - and if we can get a test
>>> suite and interop report in time, in going for a PR straight away.
>>
>> Is this a different test suite from the one published here:
>> http://ejohn.org/apps/selectortest/
>> http://github.com/jeresig/selectortest/tree/master
>>
>> Or is it just a matter of 'blessing' it?
>
> Without having actually looked at the tests, and if they are
> appropriate, maybe you could consider donating the tests under a RF
> license to the W3C... just a thought :)

Yep. Assuming that you are OK for them to be republished by the WG as
officially blessed bits of your work, the WG also has to formally agree
that it has a sufficient set of tests. And then we are almost finished...
(Others have also mentioned that they would like to contribute tests, and
we would certainly accept those for review if they arrive before we are
done).

cheers

Chaals