Re: Call for Consensus - Selectors API to Candidate Rec

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:24:15 +1100
To: public-webapps@w3.org

Jonas Sicking:
> Still not sure that I understand that chart. As I read it, firefox for
> the namespaceURI parameter of DOMImplementation.createDocument treats
> undefined as null (hence the 'N' in the second column). However I
> would have really expected us to treat undefined as the string
> 'undefined'. I just did a simple test, but it seems to confirm this:
>
> document.implementation.createDocument(undefined, 'tjo',
> null).documentElement.namespaceURI
>
> returns the string 'undefined'. Whereas
>
> document.implementation.createDocument(null, 'tjo',
> null).documentElement.namespaceURI
>
> returns the null value (not the string 'null').

Grr, bug in the test[1], sorry.  I was checking doc.namespaceURI
instead of doc.documentElement.namespaceURI.  WebKit stringifies to
"undefined" too, while Opera treats it as null.  I’ll update the results
in that row once I reboot into Windows and check IE.

Thanks,

Cameron

[1] http://mcc.id.au/2009/01/string-handling/tests/006-DOMImplementation-createDocument-1.html

--