Re: Call for Consensus - Selectors API to Candidate Rec

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:14:03 -0500
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
CC: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Firefox appears to have some issues that might related to the API,
> though I haven't investigated the cause of those yet, so I don't know
> for sure.

On John Resig's tests in particular, every single failure in Gecko is
due to a violation of this part of the API:

   Undefined=Empty

This is using a WebIDL syntax from a working draft that we don't
implement yet, and the current JavaScript DOM binding in Gecko always
converts undefined in parameters to the string "undefined".

If this part of WebIDL is stable, we can go ahead and implement it, but
I see no obvious evidence of that from the WebIDL working draft.

-Boris