RE: [widgets] Comment on Widgets 1.0: Digital Signatures - the Usage property

A very brief response below, marked [mp]

Thanks,

Mark

[mp] As a general comment, I think this is a pretty difficult problem to address in a secure manner. IMO the most reliable way of authorising an update would be through the use of an "update signature" however, HTTPS provides a workable alternative and plain HTTP might be fine in other circumstances. For what it's worth I think that the real security issue is how the update is handled but this doesn't mean defining an "update signature" is not useful.