RE: Widget API Set/GetPreferences vs. HTML5 Key/Value Pairs Storage

Hi Scott,

I see what you mean. My mistake: I completelly missed that part of the
email.
As for your implementation, of course this could be a solution that will
accommodate things.

Still, there is an important set of functionalities that the HTML5 specs
offer that is missed by the Widget.set/getPref APIs: enumeration and
clearing.
How do you plan to work around this in your implementation?

In our case we are thinking to do something "similar": keep Html5
storage implementation, making it available, BUT, with some injected
Javascript, create also the Widget apis.
Our current implementation will work as "back end".

Regards

---
Ivan De Marino
Orange Labs
Mobile and Web Software Engineer, R&D UK
tel. +44 20 8849 5806
mob. +44 7515 955 861
mob. +44 7974 156 216
ivan.demarino@orange-ftgroup.com

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is intended only for the
use of the person/s or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the
intended recipient) you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on
this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and delete
all copies of this e-mail.  Thank you.

France Telecom R&D UK Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 4193379. Our registered office is Minerva House,
Montague Close, London, SE1 9BB.