Re: [selectors-api] SVG WG Review of Selectors API

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:06:51 -0500
To: Alex Russell <alex@dojotoolkit.org>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Alex-

Alex Russell wrote (on 1/26/09 5:18 PM):

> Don't get me wrong, I'm no lover of namespaces. Frankly I think
> they're a bug.  But SVG is stuck w/ 'em until it can find a
> way to evolve out of the XML ooze.

LOL -> "evolve out of the XML ooze"

> Until that time, we must surely be able to do better by folks
> who want to try to make the platform feel unified, no?

That was indeed our motivation for raising the issue.  We are also
working with the HTML and WebApps WGs in general to unify the platform
in other ways, including mixing SVG into text/html.  We are also looking
at decreasing unnecessary dependence on namespaces (such as potentially
allowing @href to be used in the null ns (that is, not prefixed with
"xlink:").

Regards-
-Doug Schepers