W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > January to March 2009

[widgets] Minutes from 15 January 2009 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:48:31 -0500
Message-Id: <166E8ECA-9D8F-4F63-8F40-DAEA14508944@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

The minutes from the January 15 Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

   <http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html>

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before 22 January 2009 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

15 Jan 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JanMar/0086.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, Arve, Kai, Josh, Jere, David, Mark, Mike, Bryan

    Regrets
           Frederick, Thomas, Marcos

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and Tweak Agenda
          2. [6]Annoucements
          3. [7]Widget Testing
          4. [8]P&C Last Call WD
          5. [9]API & Events spec
          6. [10]AOB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________


    Date: 15 January 2009

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

Review and Tweak Agenda

    AB: agenda published January 14... it is
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/00
    86.html
    ... DigSig not on the agenda because FH and TLR are at the XML
    Security WG's f2f meeting this week
    ... one change I propose is to move Testing to the beginning of the
    meeting so Kai doesn't have to stay on the entire call
    ... any problems with that proposal?

      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JanMar/0086.html

    [None]

    AB: any other change requests?

    [None]

Annoucements

    AB: January 31 is the deadline for Comments for the P&C LCWD
    ... very important to hit the deadline to optimze our f2f time in
    Paris
    ... any other announcements?

    [None]

Widget Testing

    AB: Kai, would you please give us a short status?

    <hendry> [13]http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa

      [13] http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa

    KH: I've done a lot of work but because of the end of year holidays
    progress has been a bit slow
    ... recently talking to MC and TLR about DigSig
    ... We recently agreed to move MWTS tests to the "Opera format"
    ... This has been a bit more complicated than I'd like
    ... have also been communicating with DavidH (Opera) re the widget
    RELAX NG schema

    <hendry> [14]http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtvalidator

      [14] http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtvalidator

    <arve> (I missed a few minutes here, due to a phone call)

    KH: The test framework unloads the zip and runs the widget in the
    browser
    ... I need feedback from you guys to help

    AB: any volunteers to review what Kai and MWTS have done?

    JS: I can take a look

    <arve> zakeem, Drop Mike

    <Bryan> Bryan can help review it - on chat only today

    AB: thanks Bryan
    ... are you/MWTS blocked by WebApps?

    KH: no, not really
    ... if you want to make things go faster, then please make some
    contributions

    AB: OK; understood
    ... any other comments for KAI or about the test suite?

    [None]

    AB: we are having a Widgets f2f meeting Feb 24-26 in Paris
    ... I assume widgets will be on the agenda

    KH: I will not be available that week
    ... Dom may be able to attend or help

    <scribe> ACTION: Barstow follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing and
    our Feb 24-26 f2f meeting [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-288 - Follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing
    and our Feb 24-26 f2f meeting [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-01-22].

    KH: are there some other implementations I can use for inspiration?

    AB: Scott Wilson's email today describes two EU projects that are
    implementing parts of the Widgets specs

P&C Last Call WD

    AB: formal comments from Boris and Jere
    ... Don't necessarily want to go through the comments line-by-line
    ... However, we do have an obligation to respond to every comment
    submitted and we must continue to use public-webapps for that

    <scribe> ACTION: Marcos create a tracking document for the P&C LCWD
    [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-289 - Create a tracking document for the
    P&C LCWD [on Marcos Caceres - due 2009-01-22].

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: We can discuss any particular Hot Topic and/or
    process-related

    AB: Boris
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/00
    46.html
    ... one area of continued concern is the HTML5 dependency
    ... Borris' comment #4 raises this issue
    ... HTML5 isn't going to reach REC for some time, unfortuantely
    ... our options are somewhat limited

      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JanMar/0046.html

    Arve: I'm OK with us referencing those parts of HTML5 that are
    stable
    ... perhaps we need to clearly identify those specs in WebApps that
    have a dependency on HTML and give them to Hixie

    AB: any other comments on HTML5 dependency issue?

    [None]

    AB: any comments on Borris' input?
    ... clearly it indicates we neet to tighten up the spec
    ... I didn't see anything I would characterize as a "Show Stopper"
    ... surely Marcos will reply but anyone else should feel free to
    reply too
    ... Jere sent comments:
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/00
    88.html

      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JanMar/0088.html

    JK: I expect Marcos to reply

    AB: are there any particularly urgent comments, Marcos?

    JK: comment #1 is a bit urgent because it could affect the testing
    re localization

    AB: thanks for sending these comments

    JK: re comment #5, were there discussions about just using one
    config doc for the whole widget rather than a config per locale?

    AB: some orgs use different groups to do their localization so
    keeping them separate works well with those business arrangements
    ... and munging everything into a single config file can be
    problematic

    Arve: also can expect things such as layout to vary depending on
    locale

    JK: if anyone has a ptr to past discussions, I would appreciate
    ... think there is a need for more information about how to handle
    merging when more than one config file is used

    Arve: think we need to hear from Marcos

    AB: any other comments about Jere's email?

    [None]

API & Events spec

    AB: this spec hasn't been update recently
    ... ED is [19]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/

      [19] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/

    Arve: we still have a few Red Blocks in the spec
    ... some changes to HTML5 need to discussed before we move fwd with
    our spec
    ... I need to review the changes Hixie has made
    ... his changes potentially will affect what we want to specifiy

    AB: can you agree to a deadline for that analysis?

    Arve: yes

    AB: is one week sufficient?

    Arve: yes

    <scribe> ACTION: arve review changes to HTML5 that may affect API
    and Events spec and propose a way forward [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-290 - Review changes to HTML5 that may
    affect API and Events spec and propose a way forward [on Arve
    Bersvendsen - due 2009-01-22].

    [ Some discussion on whether or not the ED at
    [21]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/ is the latest version or
    not ... ]

      [21] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/

    Arve: it appears I have not checked in agreed changes from Mandelieu
    ... I will check in all changes before our next Voice Conf

    AB: anything else on this topic?

    [None]

AOB

    AB: Benoit sent me an info packet for the Paris meeting
    ... I will upload that to the meeting page and notify the group
    ... Anything else?

    [None]

    AB: Meeting adjourned?
    ... Yes, meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: arve review changes to HTML5 that may affect API and
    Events spec and propose a way forward [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Barstow follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing and our
    Feb 24-26 f2f meeting [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Marcos create a tracking document for the P&C LCWD
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 15 January 2009 15:49:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:29 GMT