Re: [access-control] Rename spec?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:25:43 +0100, Alex Russell <alex@dojotoolkit.org>
wrote:
> Feels like URL vs. URI to me, which for the 80% case is simply bike-
> shedding.

To be honest, I never quite understood the difference between those two.
The difference between a domain and an origin however, is very clear:

   domain
     dojotoolkit.org
   origin
     https://dojotoolkit.org:9000

> I appreciate that there is a question of specificity and that your
> clarification is more correct...but is that a good enough reason to do
> it?

I would say yes, especially given that since it is a superset, things like

   https://google.com and http://google.com

are same domain, but definitely not same origin. The distinction is pretty
important.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>