Re: Copyright license for ElementTraversal Java interface

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:04:50 +1100
To: public-webapps@w3.org

Philippe Le Hegaret:
> This resolved the issue for the debian community at that time and the
> DOM Java interfaces have been distributed by Debian since then. This is
> why the DOM Level 2 and 3 specifications have included the software
> licenses with a modified statement ever since.

Thanks for the background, Phillipe.  The legal heads at
legal-discuss@apache.org don’t seem to have a problem with that extra
clause, either.

The question then is whether we want to include it.  I don’t see how it
would be beneficial for anyone to redistribute one of the interface
files if it has been changed incompatibly, so I guess I don’t see the
need for it.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/