Re: File API Feedback

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:21:06 -0400
To: Aaron Boodman <aa@google.com>
CC: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>, Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Aaron,

Thanks for updating the Gears documentation!

> Ok, it's live now. You can check out the Blob.getBytes() method here:
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/gears/api_blob.html

There appears to be general support for "byte ranged" FileData objects.
FileData (from which File inherits) will contain asynchronous data
accessor functions; this might be an additional method on it, with
arguments of offset and length.  I'll define it asynchronously.  I'll
update my draft and report back.
> And the new BlobBuilder object here:
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/gears/api_blobbuilder.html

This I'm less sanguine about, since the immediately desired capability
is to work with existing system files.

-- A*