Re: [widgets] Rule for Identifying the media type of a file

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:18:47 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Anne van Kesteren<annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> This has the same problem with file-extension requiring a leading dot and the table not having any.

I've added these now. I've made sure all tables containing file names
and extensions are more consistent. These include:

* Reserved File Names Table
* Default Icons Table
* Default Start Files Table
* Media Type Identification Table
* File Identification Table

These changes are all editorial.

> The prose also does not make it clear that the entries in the first column may be comma-separated (and can have leading spaces, to be pedantic).

I've made it so there is only one file extension per row. That should
remove the ambiguity.
These changes are all editorial.

> Why not use audio/wav or audio/wave for WAVE files?

I could not find a formal IANA registration for WAVE files, which is
why I thought audio/x-wav would be more appropriate. WDYT?

> An additional column mentioning the format might be nice for readers.

Sorry, by "mentioning the format" do you mean a link to the
specification that defines the format?

Marcos Caceres