Re: Specs using Web IDL

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:10:06 +1000
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Doug Schepers:
> Maybe we should have a LC to draw out these comments...

Using LC to get detailed review seems fine.  I suppose it will be in the
interests of authors of specs dependent on Web IDL to ensure that the
details are correct before it gets more mature.

> if not now, what timeframe are you thinking?  What else needs to be
> done to the spec?

I’m hoping we can go to LC soon.  I’m mostly done with the syntax
changes mentioned in
(not checked in yet, though).  These are the remaining things to be
addressed before LC:

  * Testing to see if the defaults for [Null] and [Undefined] are

  * Decide what to do with passing too many/few arguments

  * Restricting [[Class]]

  * Deal with use of [Supplemental] in HTML 5

  * Define Date (or make it possible to be defined)

  * Define sequences/ByteArray

Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/