Re: Points of order on this WG

From: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:34:09 -0400
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, Jeff Mischkinsky <JEFF.MISCHKINSKY@oracle.com>
To: "ext Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
Nikunj, All,

Charles will respond separately regarding a way forward but I want to
respond to the false accusation below.

On Jun 24, 2009, at 8:13 PM, ext Nikunj R. Mehta wrote:

> The WG chair went ahead with the publication of the Web Storage draft
> overriding serious objections about it's direction and emphasis.

The record actually shows Nikunj saying:

[[
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0145.html

Oracle conditionally supports the publishing this draft as FPWD
provided that the abstract is worded appropriately.

Here's what Oracle would like to see in the abstract:

This specification defines two APIs for persistent data storage in Web
clients: one for accessing key-value pair data and another for
accessing structured data.
]]

Ian agreed [1] to make the requested change above (it is included in
the FPWD [2]) and thus addressed the only concern you raised re
publishing the FPWD.

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/
0149.html