[widgets] Draft Minutes from 25 June 2009 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:16:14 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the June 25 Widgets Security voice conference
are available at the following and copied below:

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send
them to the public-webapps mail list before 2 July 2009 (the next
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered

-Regards, Art Barstow

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-wam-irc

           Art, Robin, Jere, Marcin, Mike, David

           Thomas, Frederick, Marcos, Arve

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]P+C comments from Dom, Francois and Opera
          4. [8]Comments from Josh
          5. [9]A&E spec
          6. [10]Widgets Update spec & the PAG
          7. [11]AOB
      * [12]Summary of Action Items

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    Date: 25 June 2009

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: I submitted a draft agenda on June 24 (
    17.html ). I will combine some of the P&C comments i.e. take 3a-3d
    together and 3e-3h together. Any change requests?
    ... given Marcos' absence today, we will defer detailed discussion
    of P+C LC comments
    ... any change requests?

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    [ None ]

    AB: does anyone have any short announcements?

    [ None ]

P+C comments from Dom, Francois and Opera

    AB: there is still no response to the four sets of comments from
    Dom, Francois, Opera and Dom (again)
    ... Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (12 June and 15 June)
    ... Comments from Francois Daoust (14 June)
    ... Comments from Opera (15 June; submitted by Marcos)
    ... Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (17 June)
    ... I want to remind everyone: a) we have an obligation to respond
    to every comment; b) we cannot proceed with a request to Candidate
    until we have responded to all comments and every comment is
    recorded in the tracking doc (
    0090528/ )
    ... any comments?

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-

    [ None ]

Comments from Josh

    AB: on June 18 Josh submitted four sets of comments
    ... of course we must also respond to all of these comments and
    please do so on the public mail list
    ... any comments?

      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    [ None ]

    JK: there could be some substantial comments in there
    ... but most seem to be editorial

    AB: any last comments on P+C spec?

    JK: would be good if MC would sift out those that need discussion
    ... and the editorial ones he can just resolve

    AB: that's a good idea
    ... and we can hot topics to next week's agenda

A&E spec

    AB: the basic discussion points are what is the status of the A&E
    spec and what are the plans for publishing the LCWD? Latest ED is (
    [24]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/ )
    ... Arve and Marcos aren't here
    ... Robin, did you agree to be extra editor?

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/

    RB: I am happy to do so

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow decide if Robin should be added as an
    Editor of the A+E spec [recorded in

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-372 - Decide if Robin should be added as
    an Editor of the A+E spec [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-07-02].

    AB: any comments on A+E?

    RB: don't think there is much left before we move on with it
    ... most of the changes we agreed to during our last f2f are already
    ... but a few things are missing
    ... showNot is now marked as risk
    ... but I should talk to Arve and MC before making any changes

    <Marcos> ahi

    DR: need to update P+C refs

    RB: yes; correct

    AB: any other comments?
    ... so general action for all wg members to review latest ED and
    submit comments

Widgets Update spec & the PAG

    AB: the Widgets Update PAG's Charter (
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/widgets-pag-charter.html ) was
    extended until the end of September. The PAG continues to have
    weekly conference calls and there will be two more calls before the
    calls are suspended for 3-4 weeks due to summer holidays.
    ... the call for prior art resulted in several responses (
    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-widgets-pag/ ).

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/widgets-pag-charter.html
      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-widgets-pag/

    RB: how committed is the PAG to circumvention vs. prior art?

    AB: both tracks are being pursued

    AB: I don't have anything specific
    ... anyone else?

    <fjh> other than that it seems ok or do you have another CVS
    location to use?

    <Marcos> fjh, MikeSmith: thanks for taking care of this!

    AB: Meeting Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow decide if Robin should be added as an Editor
    of the A+E spec [recorded in

    [End of minutes]