W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > April to June 2009

[widgets] Draft Minutes from 25 June 2009 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:16:14 -0400
Message-Id: <A6D91974-FB48-4E40-9E9B-4AE36BE7A6DF@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the June 25 Widgets Security voice conference  
are available at the following and copied below:

  <http://www.w3.org/2009/05/25-wam-minutes.html>

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before 2 July 2009 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

25 Jun 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1217.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, Robin, Jere, Marcin, Mike, David

    Regrets
           Thomas, Frederick, Marcos, Arve

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]P+C comments from Dom, Francois and Opera
          4. [8]Comments from Josh
          5. [9]A&E spec
          6. [10]Widgets Update spec & the PAG
          7. [11]AOB
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    Date: 25 June 2009

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: I submitted a draft agenda on June 24 (
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/12
    17.html ). I will combine some of the P&C comments i.e. take 3a-3d
    together and 3e-3h together. Any change requests?
    ... given Marcos' absence today, we will defer detailed discussion
    of P+C LC comments
    ... any change requests?

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1217.html

    [ None ]

Announcements

    AB: does anyone have any short announcements?

    [ None ]

P+C comments from Dom, Francois and Opera

    AB: there is still no response to the four sets of comments from
    Dom, Francois, Opera and Dom (again)
    ... Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (12 June and 15 June)
    ...
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    36.html
    ...
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    71.html
    ... Comments from Francois Daoust (14 June)
    ...
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    62.html
    ... Comments from Opera (15 June; submitted by Marcos)
    ...
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    75.html
    ... Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (17 June)
    ...
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/10
    21.html
    ... I want to remind everyone: a) we have an obligation to respond
    to every comment; b) we cannot proceed with a request to Candidate
    until we have responded to all comments and every comment is
    recorded in the tracking doc (
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-widgets-2
    0090528/ )
    ... any comments?

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0936.html
      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0971.html
      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0962.html
      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0975.html
      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1021.html
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD- 
widgets-20090528/

    [ None ]

Comments from Josh

    AB: on June 18 Josh submitted four sets of comments
    ...
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/10
    96.html
    ...
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/10
    97.html
    ...
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/11
    01.html
    ...
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/11
    02.html
    ... of course we must also respond to all of these comments and
    please do so on the public mail list
    ... any comments?

      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1096.html
      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1097.html
      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1101.html
      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1102.html

    [ None ]

    JK: there could be some substantial comments in there
    ... but most seem to be editorial

    AB: any last comments on P+C spec?

    JK: would be good if MC would sift out those that need discussion
    ... and the editorial ones he can just resolve

    AB: that's a good idea
    ... and we can hot topics to next week's agenda

A&E spec

    AB: the basic discussion points are what is the status of the A&E
    spec and what are the plans for publishing the LCWD? Latest ED is (
    [24]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/ )
    ... Arve and Marcos aren't here
    ... Robin, did you agree to be extra editor?

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/

    RB: I am happy to do so

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow decide if Robin should be added as an
    Editor of the A+E spec [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-372 - Decide if Robin should be added as
    an Editor of the A+E spec [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-07-02].

    AB: any comments on A+E?

    RB: don't think there is much left before we move on with it
    ... most of the changes we agreed to during our last f2f are already
    done
    ... but a few things are missing
    ... showNot is now marked as risk
    ... but I should talk to Arve and MC before making any changes

    <Marcos> ahi

    DR: need to update P+C refs

    RB: yes; correct

    AB: any other comments?
    ... so general action for all wg members to review latest ED and
    submit comments

Widgets Update spec & the PAG

    AB: the Widgets Update PAG's Charter (
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/widgets-pag-charter.html ) was
    extended until the end of September. The PAG continues to have
    weekly conference calls and there will be two more calls before the
    calls are suspended for 3-4 weeks due to summer holidays.
    ... the call for prior art resulted in several responses (
    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-widgets-pag/ ).

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/widgets-pag-charter.html
      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-widgets-pag/

    RB: how committed is the PAG to circumvention vs. prior art?

    AB: both tracks are being pursued

AOB

    AB: I don't have anything specific
    ... anyone else?

    <fjh> other than that it seems ok or do you have another CVS
    location to use?

    <Marcos> fjh, MikeSmith: thanks for taking care of this!

    AB: Meeting Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow decide if Robin should be added as an Editor
    of the A+E spec [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 25 June 2009 14:17:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:31 GMT