Alpha Widget checker

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:26:08 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Cc: fd@w3.org

Francois Daoust and I played with creating a widget checker tool that
implements some of the conformance checker requirements of the widgets
P&C spec.

The said tool can be experimented with at:
http://qa-dev.w3.org:8001/widget/ (an uncool URI that is likely to break
in the future)
but please note that it is not meant to be reliable or useful in any way
at this stage - it's more of a proof of concept than anything else.

It's built on top of the architecture used for the mobileOK checker, and
the code is available at:

You can get a rough idea of the things the checker already detected by
looking at:

It's not clear yet that either Francois or I would be able to spend much
more time on that tool; but feedback, suggestions, or interests in
contributing to the development of that tool would all be welcome.