Re: [selectors-api] Return value of lookupNamespaceURI

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:49:29 +1000
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Cc: bzbarsky@MIT.EDU
Boris Zbarsky:
> > If the return value of lookupNamespaceURI is |undefined|, should that
> > stringify to "" or "undefined"?  Same question for |null|.
> >
> > Note that I'm not sure there's an obvious way to annotate this in web
> > idl yet.

Cameron McCormack:
> Yeah, there’s no way to specify this at the moment.  We could have the
> same [Null] and [Undefined] extended attributes on the operation, and
> then change the steps in “Native objects implementing interfaces” to
> take these into account.

I’ve added wording to this effect, so that functions on native objects that
implement interfaces have their return values handled in the same way as
when passing JS values to DOMString operation arguments or attributes.

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#Null
  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#Undefined
  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-DOMString

--