Re: [NameCreator] definition buggy

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:04:09 +1000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Ian Hickson:
> [[Put]] in WebIDL is buggy. It never invokes NameCreator or IndexCreator.
> I'd like IndexCreator to be invoked if present if the property name is
> numeric (as per Array's definition -- ToString(ToUint32(P)) == P &&
> ToUint32(P) < 2**23-1) and otherwise NameCreator to be invoked if present.

It is fixed now, and prefers indexed properties over name properties as

Note that I’ve also provided explicit hooks for defining the name/
indexed property algorithms now, which you might like to reference:

  and others, in
  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#indexed-property-xattrs and

Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/