W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > April to June 2009

Re: [selectors-api] Transitioning to CR

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:14:16 +0200
Message-ID: <4A3BAB48.5030102@lachy.id.au>
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Robin Berjon wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why not make it two interoperable implementations of
> *all* the tests, except those stemming from a lack of support for CSS?

I was advised to set the requirements low so that it would be easier to 
proceed past CR.  With these requirements, we can get past CR relatively 
quickly.  If we need to wait for at least 2 implementations that both 
get 100%, that will just delay the spec by 6 to 12 months awaiting the 
browser vendors' next release cycle.

-- 
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/
http://www.opera.com/
Received on Friday, 19 June 2009 15:14:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:31 GMT