Re: File API Feedback

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:33:42 +0200
Cc: arun@mozilla.com, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On Jun 19, 2009, at 10:16 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 01:01:41 +0200, Arun Ranganathan
> <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> I spoke with the developers of one of these Well-Known Web
>>> Applications, and they didn't even _mention_ the styling
>>> difficulties
>>> of <input type=file> as one of the reasons for using Flash here.
>>
>> This feedback is extremely useful.  I, too, would like the chance to
>> speak with the developers of (that particular application) as well as
>> with other developers.
>
> Maciej said that the MobileMe developers gave pretty much the same
> feedback:
>
>  http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20090619#l-90
>
> Is it really that bad to wait with evaluating this feature until v1
> is more widely deployed?

Given that we're still in WD, how about simply adding a note
indicating that this feature is under scrutiny (with pointers to this
discussion)? If it is still under scrutiny when we move to LC we can
make a call to keep it alive, and if it makes it through LC we can
still mark it as "at risk".

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/