Re: [Bindings] [[Delete]], hidden operations, missing arguments

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:17:31 +1000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
This mail slipped my attention.  Probably you know that these features
were added, but for completeness:

Ian Hickson:
> It would be useful to be able to specify a method to implement [[Delete]]
> on an interface.

You have [NameDeleter] and [IndexDeleter].

> It would be useful to be able to define a method that isn't visible to JS,
> in particular for implementing [NameGetter], [Delete], etc..

Those extended attributes can be placed on the interface.

> It would be nice for the spec to explicitly say how to handle argument
> calls that have not enough arguments, both for normal methods and for
> overloaded methods. (The right answer probably being whatever IE does.)

Currently it’s defined to throw a TypeError.  I have a feeling something
else is required, but it’s been a while since I’ve tested it.  I’ll add
a note to check this.

> And finally, please rename the spec Web IDL. :-)

That was done a while ago.

Thanks,

Cameron

--