W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > April to June 2009

[widgets] Draft Minutes from 18 June 2009 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:45:31 -0400
Message-Id: <E9938954-B83E-4E1F-878C-7F5B3EBF0CCC@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the June 18 Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

  <http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html>

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before 25 June 2009 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                           Widgets Voice Conf

18 Jun 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1028.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, Josh, Marcin, AndyB, Benoit, Mike, David, Robin

    Regrets
           Marcos, Thomas, Frederick, AndySledd

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (12 June and 15 June)
          4. [8]Comments from Francois Daoust (14 June)
          5. [9]Comments from Opera (15 June; submitted by Marcos)
          6. [10]Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (17 June)
          7. [11]P+C LCWD feedback by Josh Soref
          8. [12]Who should review the WARP spec?
          9. [13]Who should review the Widget URI Scheme spec?
         10. [14]AOB
      * [15]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________


    trackbot, associate this channel with #webapps

    <trackbot> Associating this channel with #webapps...

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    Date: 18 June 2009

    <abraun> me/ nope I was aaaa

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: I submitted the draft agenda on June 17
    ([16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/1
    028.html). Any change requests?

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1028.html).

Announcements

    AB: On June 12 the W3C legal staff announced a Public call for prior
    art on Widgets 1.0 Updates spec
    ([17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0
    937.html). Please read this announcement and respond accordingly.
    ... also, today, the First Public Working Drafts of both Widgets
    Access Requests Policy and Widgets URI Scheme will be published.

      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0937.html).

    <timeless_mbp> So, I need to send off a final set of comments

    AB: last announcement from me is reminder June 19 is the deadline
    for comments for the P&C LCWD
    ... any other announcements?

    [ None ]

    <scribe> ACTION: Barstow send reminder re Widgets Updates Call for
    Prior Art to public-webapps [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-368 - Send reminder re Widgets Updates
    Call for Prior Art to public-webapps [on Arthur Barstow - due
    2009-06-25].

    <abraun> me is using chrome for today IRC session

    MS: I need to move the FPWD to the right place today
    ... and then get the Web Master to create the appropriate link

    AB: what is the ETA, Mike?

    MS: I can make the move during this call
    ... and then ping Web Master to make the link

    AB: great; I appreciate that

    MS: the DigSig CR annoncement must get done today and OK'ed by PLH;
    should be no issues

    AB: thanks for doing that Mike!

Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (12 June and 15 June)

    AB: on June 12, Dom submitted comments (
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    36.html ). We won't cover discuss his Editorial comment on June 15 (
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    71.html ) since MC already fixed it.
    ... MC has not responded to this set of comments. Any feedback?
    ... ideally, responses to Dom should be sent to the mail list

      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0936.html
      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0971.html

    Marcin: I reported the same probs against the ABNF
    ... and I think they are now fixed

    AB: ok; good
    ... they appear to be non-substantive i.e. bugs that need to be
    fixed
    ... any other feedback on Dom's June 12 comments?

    [ None ]

Comments from Francois Daoust (14 June)

    AB: On June 14, Francois submitted some new comments (
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    62.html ). There are three comments. Marcos has not responded to
    this set of comments. Any feedback?
    ... comment #2 identifies a bug that needs to be fixed before
    publishing a Candidate spec.
    ... comment #3 appears to be a suggestion for an optimization we
    should consider
    ... any comments or feedback re Francois' comments?

      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0962.html

    [ None ]

Comments from Opera (15 June; submitted by Marcos)

    AB: On June 15, Marcos submitted another set of comments from Opera
    (
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/09
    75.html ), these from Martin Nilsson. Marcos has not responded to
    this set of comments. Any feedback?
    ... again, responding on public-webapps is encouraged
    ... these look like more bugs we need to fix before publishing a
    Candidate.

      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/0975.html

    <timeless_mbp> oh, as a note... i ended up w/ one comment which is
    substantive

    AB: any comments on Martin's email?

    <timeless_mbp> it'll probably break us :(

Comments from Dom Hazael-Massieux (17 June)

    AB: on June 17, Dom submitted some more comments (
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/10
    21.html ). Marcos has not responded to this set of comments. Any
    feedback?
    ... this set of comments is from an assertion extraction exercise
    Dom did
    ... any comments on Dom's June 17 feedback?
    ... these appear to be Editorial and Bug Fixes
    ... any feedback on Dom's June 17 email?

      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009AprJun/1021.html

    [ None ]

P+C LCWD feedback by Josh Soref

    JS: I've been discussing an issue with Marcos
    ... when a widget is requested, expect a single negotiation
    ... and can state which lang-based version I want
    ... and thus just get a single application i.e. widget
    ... don't want the UI to mix langs in the presentation
    ... its too easy for the author to make mistakes
    ... once en-us is decided, don't want fallbacks e.g. to fr
    ... must avoid a bunch of mixed strings

    AB: I think we need Josh to send the UC and issues to the mail list

    JS: I will send an email to the list that describes this issue

    AB: any comments or feedback for Josh?
    ... without seeing the details, it appears Josh has identified at
    least one bug

    JS: I just sent some emails

    AB: any other comments or questions about the P+C LCWD?

    [ None ]

Who should review the WARP spec?

    DR: how does this proceed with tests and P+C?

    AB: we will start the test cases after we publish the CR

    DR: Kai has done some work

    AB: yes, we need to review that

    DR: what about time scales?

    AB: my expectation is that Candidate phase will last at least 3
    months
    ... if anyone has reason to believe we can create a comprehensive
    test suite in less time, I'd like to hear it
    ... any other questions about testing?

    [ None ]

    AB: I want to identify those groups we should explicitly ask for
    comments re the WARP spec. Naturally, the proposed DAP community is
    one target i.e. public-device-apis@w3.org. Are there any other
    groups?

    RB: BONDI?

    AB: Robin, do you want me to explicitly ask BONDI for comments?
    ... give me the mail list address

    DR: the request would go thru me

    <darobin> RB: not necessarily, but they've asked for this feature

    <darobin> RB: I can do it

    <scribe> ACTION: Barstow ask David to ask BONDI to review the FPWD
    of WARP spec [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-369 - Ask David to ask BONDI to review the
    FPWD of WARP spec [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-06-25].

    AB: are there any other groups?
    ... public-webapps will of course be added

    DR: does the DAP mail list include all of the Dec 2008 workshop
    attendees?

    AB: yes, I think that is true

    DR: good; lots of diverse people then will see the annoucement

    AB: I agree
    ... any other feedback?

    [ None ]

    <scribe> ACTION: Barstow send FPWD annoucement to DAP WG [recorded
    in [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-370 - Send FPWD annoucement to DAP WG [on
    Arthur Barstow - due 2009-06-25].

Who should review the Widget URI Scheme spec?

    AB: I want to identify those groups we should explicitly ask for
    comments re the Widget URI Scheme spec. Naturally, the TAG
    (www-tag@w3.org) and public-pkg-uri-scheme@w3.org. Are there any
    other groups?
    ... of course public-webapps will be annonced too

    RB: I can talk to the TAG

    AB: that's good to hear

    RB: pk-uri may not be appropriate

    AB: good point but I'd rather err on the side of over exposure
    ... any additional group?

    [ None ]

AOB

    AB: I don't have any discussion points
    ... does anyone?
    ... Meeting Ajourned

    <scribe> ACTION: Barstow send FPWD announcement of URI Scheme spec
    to TAG, PKG-URI and WebApps [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-371 - Send FPWD announcement of URI Scheme
    spec to TAG, PKG-URI and WebApps [on Arthur Barstow - due
    2009-06-25].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Barstow ask David to ask BONDI to review the FPWD of
    WARP spec [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Barstow send FPWD annoucement to DAP WG [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Barstow send FPWD announcement of URI Scheme spec to
    TAG, PKG-URI and WebApps [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Barstow send reminder re Widgets Updates Call for
    Prior Art to public-webapps [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 18 June 2009 13:48:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:31 GMT