Re: [cors] Web application

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:51:00 +1000
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

Might I suggest that it seems more logical because you work for a
browser vendor, and are steeped in the client-side application world?

A "Web service" means many different things to many different people
(SOAP, WSDL, REST, etc.) and generally refers to an exposed API, not a
web application.

As far examples:

... and that's just from the first page of search results.

Note that I'm not disputing that what's in-scope here *could* be
called a Web Application -- just that it's a very broad and muddy term
that may mislead people who come at this document from a different

Anyway, it was just a suggestion, not a big deal.

Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com