[widgets] Specifying the view modes

> Begin forwarded message:
>> From: ext Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
>> Date: June 16, 2009 8:58:14 AM EDT
>> To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
>> Cc: "Barstow Art (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>,
>> Bryan Sullivan <BS3131@att.com>, public-webapps <public-
>> webapps@w3.org>
>> Subject: Re: [widgets] P&C Last Call comments, viewmodes,
>> referencing other specs, guarantee of consistency
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Marcin
>> Hanclik<Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Art,
>>>
>>> As for View Modes spec, I provided ACCESS' input several months
>>> ago, from NetFront Widgets implementation.
>>> The problem I have now is that P&C is almost ready and it
>>> normatively references another specification that is not public
>>> and it is not very clear what it will include.
>>>
>>> Of course, I will wait until ViewModes appears and comment then,
>>> since currently my input may double someone else's input.
>>>

>> I'm unsure how to proceed here. Until we publish a FPWD, the current
>> reference will have to do.

Yes, I agree with Marcos.

All - during last week's f2f meeting we agreed that in early July we
will publish a First Public Working Draft of the spec that will
elaborate on the view modes. Currently, an Editor's Draft for this
spec exists:

  <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-wm/>

Additionally, Marcin has agreed to be an Editor of this spec.

-Regards, Art Barstow