Re: [widgets] Moving Widgets 1.0: Digital Signature spec to Candidate Recommendation

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Arthur Barstow<art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> The comment period for the 30 April 2009 Widgets Digital Signature LCWD [1]
> ended 1 June 2009.
>
> It appears the only changes between the latest ED [2] and the LCWD are
> Editorial. It also appears no formal comments were submitted. Editors -
> please confirm this.
>
> One of the next steps to move this spec to CR is to agree on the CR's Exit
> Criteria. A strawman proposal (based on the Element Traversal CR) follows:
>
> [[
> This is the DD MMM 2009 Candidate Recommendation of the Widgets 1.0: Digital
> Signature specification. W3C publishes a Candidate Recommendation to
> indicate that the document is believed to be stable and to encourage
> implementation by the developer community. The Web Applications (WebApps)
> Working Group expects to request that the Director advance this document to
> Proposed Recommendation once the Working Group has developed a comprehensive
> Widgets 1.0: Digital Signature test suite, and demonstrated at least two
> interoperable implementations for each test. The WebApps Working Group
> expects to show these implementations by September 2009. The Working Group
> does not plan to request to advance to Proposed Recommendation prior to 01
> September 2009.
> ]]

Ok, SoTD has now been updated. I also made some tiny editorial
changes, which can be viewed here:

http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/Overview-diff.html

I made the publication date the 12th of June... though that is highly
optimistic :)  Anyway, we can update that when we have a firm date.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres