RE: [widgets] P&C Last Call comments, viewmodes, referencing other specs, guarantee of consistency

Hi Marcos,

>> I am not sure whether the item 3 is satisfied.
>What do you mean?
For example:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-20090528/#the-widget-element

"viewmodes
    A keyword list attribute that denotes the view modes supported the widget. The value SHOULD be one or more of the following valid view modes as defined in the [Widgets-Views] specification: application, floating, fullscreen, mini, or all. ..."

The question is: which spec is more normative here? P&C or non-existing Widgets-Views?
As a WUA vendor I would like to support all possible values.
As a widget developer I am interesting in knowing all the options I have.

>>P&C will be stable, and the other specs in the widget family will need
>>to adapt to it.
I take this as your personal guarantee.
I assume, though, that there is or could be some better process to make it reality.

>>Marcin, there is only a limited number of editors. We are doing the
>>best we can to pump out specs. But there is only so many hours in the
>>day.
I can help you. Shall I answer formally to:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0503.html

>>I'm going to assume "a" is "awesome" :)
I am sorry for this. My problem.

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646